Friday, February 26, 2010

Health videos that are PRO-VEGAN!

First of all, I wanted to share with everyone something I saw for the first time at Trader Joe's yesterday. I was walking down the freezer aisle grabbing bags of veggies and fruit when suddenly a new small bag seemed to glint in the fluorescent light. The Trader Joe's near my house now carries frozen pomegranate seeds! (If you have already seen these and they are not a big deal to you... feel free to skip ahead with my apologies....) I had read that they had existed but I hadn't yet had the opportunity to buy them at any of my local stores. They are already cleaned, separated and ready to use. I threw some in my salad today and it was wonderful, tasty and hassle free! Tomorrow I think I am going to try some in my soy yogurt.

Now the real reason for my post is this: Recently someone emailed me the link to a series of the most interesting you-tube videos ever. These are a summary of many of the year's medical and nutritional findings. They are actually very interesting AND pro-vegan. I won't post EVERY video, just a few. If you want to watch the entire series, please check them all out on youtube.

Here is the first one just so you can get the set up:



Skipping ahead, it seems vegans are healthier than the average American:



Also it seems veganism can prevent and improve diabetes!



I am not going to post the entire series but I encourage you to check it out! To me this was pretty exciting news since these studies were from recognized groups such as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the AMA. It is always nice to have some real data stashed away for when people tell me that soy will cause memory loss or that I will get diabetes from all of the carbs in a vegan diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment