Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wow!!

Tonight my husband said: "this is better than the non-vegan version"!!!


We didn't have anything extremely special tonight. I was feeling very "vegetable-y" so I simply steamed a lot of veggies and opened some canned fire roasted tomatoes in order to get my fix. In order to make it a little fancier, I added a splash of vegan hollandaise sauce from Vegan Brunch. DH actually tried it and then proclaimed it tastier than the regular stuff!! He thought the flavor was good and that it wasn't overly lemony. I liked that it had so many layers of flavor. I can't wait to make a vegan benedict!


I am in love with this cookbook. I recently made "breakfast for lunch" by packing tofu scrambles (my recipe) and pancakes (her recipe). It was a great idea! There is something about eating pancakes with maple syrup at lunch that can just turn my whole day around! With my southwestern tofu scramble I had the best guacamole ever, made by my own dear husband. I am not sure of the exact proportions because he just dumped the stuff in the bowl, but here is the basic outline.

My husband's awesome guacamole
(P.S. He's very protective of this recipe, so I can only give the roughest outline...)
*really... the best ever!
Ingredients
avocados
lime juice
garlic
onion
cumin
cayenne
salt

Method
  1. Dump it all in a bowl
  2. Mash with a potato masher
  3. Store with the pits to prevent browning.
  4. Try not to eat it all at once!
I wish it photographed well... it doesn't. I ate most of it anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment