Tuesday, January 12, 2010

only the best vegan wrap ever...

Today I enjoyed the best lunch I have ever packed for myself. I had a Southwestern Seitan Wrap with chipotle dressing. Can I say DE-LI-CI-OUS!! The fact that it was easy only makes it better. If you have seen one wrap you have seen them all. So instead, here is a picture of the filling:


I chose a whole wheat wrap for "nutrition" and portability, but this would probably be good also with crackers or on toast. (I often find wraps to be of dubious nutritious value... even though they are touted as the healthy alternative to regular bread. Plus it is harder to find vegan ones around here than it is to find vegan bread)

The filling consisted of (this is enough to make two) :

  • lettuce (3-4 leaves)
  • chopped spinach (1/4 cup or so)
  • chicken style seitan (say 3-4 ounces)
  • avocado (to taste... I used about 1/4 cup)
  • scallions
  • chopped bell peppers
  • black beans (say 1/4 cup)
  • corn (another 1/4 cup)
  • chopped tomatoes (1/4 cup)
  • vegan mayonaise (a few tablespoons)
  • the adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers (to taste... I like it spicy)
  • a few squirts lime juice
  • vegan cheese shreds, if desired... (i didn't use these)
I mixed the mayo, chipotle sauce and tomatoes together SEPARATE from the other stuff and then combined them. That way the liquid from the tomatoes helped thin out the dressing a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment